having judges in every
city help to ensure that they will judge correctly
judges be afraid to act
great Torah sage accept
the position of judge?
situations would it be
permissible for a relative of a litigant to judge a case?
- Question 5 not yet translated What
was different in the way Dovid Hamelech judged cases?
- Question 6 not yet translated When
is it permitted to serve Hashem in order to receive a reward?
- Question 7 not yet translated Is
it permitted to plant an asherah tree next to a private altar?
- Question 8 not yet translated What
is one criteria a Jewish king must have?
- Question 9 not yet translated What
two major benefits will come from the king reading the Torah all the
days of his life?
- Question 10 not yet translated Why
should Yisraelim give to the Kohanim the first and best of their
- Question 11 not yet translated Why
was there a particular need now to warn Yisrael to observe all the
- Question 12 not yet translated Why
are Yisrael punished for each sin but the nations are punished only
when they transgress all of them?
- Question 13 not yet translated Why
should a person be punished if he does not listen to the words of a
- Question 14 not yet translated Why
will the prophet be punished if the people do not listen to him?
- Question 15 not yet translated What
does Hashem need to investigate about a person who does not listen to a
- Question 16 not yet translated Why
is it better for Yisrael to go to war with a small army?
- Question 17 not yet translated Why
was it essential that Yisrael should eradicate the nations of Canaan?
- Question 18 not yet translated Why
do the Kohanim require an atonement when a dead body is found?
- Question 19 not yet translated Why
does our atonement depend on the fact that Hashem redeemed us from